Translate

Friday, September 7, 2018

Early Fall Conditions Improve

KMON-560 Great Falls, Montana Logged

Logged KMON-560 (5 KW) Great Falls, MT overnight at 01:00 AM local, 08:00 GMT. Also dancing around in there was KSFO-560 (5 KW), San Francisco, CA. I'm in the pattern null of both of these. Although KSFO is fairly routine, I'm surprised at hearing KMON. They're only delivering about 67 watts to me in that notch. Maybe on day power? Will try again tonight. Really hoping to hear Beaumont, TX KLVI-560 (5 KW) one of these days. I'm just a little off the main western lobe. Denver's KLZ-560 usually dominates all.

Japan JOUB-774 Makes The Trip This Morning

Japan JOUB-774 was in there at the local 06:00 hour, 13:00 GMT. Weak audio and time pips at the top of the hour. Just before sunrise in SW Arizona.

Heard on my new Sangean ATS-909X barefoot. I find the sensitivity on the Sangean to be excellent as opposed to some of the reviews. The AGC is a bit overly sensitive, but if you ride the RF gain down a bit it settles down. Old tech, the Sangean, I know, but I'm a happy late purchaser. Superb audio too.

No comments: